We remind ourselves of our goal, every day.
UPDATE: We are no longer accepting guest post submissions at this time. Thank you.
We love great content.
It’s what motivates us. In fact, our goal is to help the world create and distribute content. And that’s where you come in.
Are you passionate about content marketing? Do you read our blog and have ideas of topics that you’d like to share with our audience?
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for great writers who are:
- Readers and fans of our blog
- Already familiar with the kind of content we feature.
We like excellence in writing, unique ideas that aren’t a re-hash of what’s already out there, and content that is, quite frankly, amazing. It might be a how-to, a tutorial, something inspiring, or great advice. We like blog posts that:
- Are well-written.
- Not shallow or too short (Intro, body, conclusion. 800 – 1000 words).
- Have at least one incredible image.
- Are useful to our readers (tell a story, use example, or give specific actionable things they can do after reading).
- Fit with the content of this blog and include several links to our own blog posts (means you’re spending time and reading our blog).
- Are written first and foremost for sharing incredibly useful information with our readers, with linkbacks and SEO secondary motivations.
If you’re not sure if your post fits, review the posts on our blog. Read several posts. Read about our Todaymade blogging style guide to get a feel for how we write and what we want from blog posts.
You’ll get an idea of how long our posts are, the topics we cover, and the detail and content quality we’re looking for. We’d love it if, inside your guest post, you could link back to a previous post or two here on our blog. It gives our readers a chance to connect with our other content.
What We’re Not Looking For
It’s simple, really. We’re not looking for:
- Shady get-rich-quick or get-300%-increase-in-followers-in-one-day type posts.
- Recycled, over-used, same-old same-old content.
- Generic non-specific posts you are shopping around to anyone who’ll bite. If you’re not sure, please read this blog post.
- Posts made of content found somewhere else on the web, even if it was your previous content and you change a few words.
- Sloppy grammar and writing.
Most guest posts are rejected because of poor writing, or overly generic content that has nothing new, nothing specific, and no real value to readers. If your post has nothing specific for readers to take away, is full of generalities, and adds nothing new that hasn’t been said before, do not submit it here.
Any content that you submit to us for consideration must meet these extremely important guidelines. As a serious content creator, we’re sure you will understand:
- No paid-for content, including affiliate links, paid-for links, anchor-text-keyword shenanigans, sponsored posts, paid-for reviews, press releases, advertorials, excessive self-promotion, et. al.
- Your content must be completely original.
- You must own the copyright to all associated images or other materials.
- Your content must never have been (or will be) published elsewhere.
- We do not pay guest writers for their content.
- We do not accept payment to run your post on our blog.
- Posts must be written in good English.
We will not accept posts with any questionable content. We will remove links from the body of your post if we feel that they are suspect.
Prepare Your Post
It’s important to submit a post that’s ready to go.
Post: You should email the HTML of your post as a plain text file (no Word files, please), including any image(s) with it. It should be formatted and ready to be put directly into WordPress. Your post should have no H1 tags within the body, but should use at least H2. It should have paragraphs, headings, and be proofed. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar should be impeccable.
Headline: Include a headline. Please read this post for ideas on creating great headlines.
Bio: You may include a bio of up to three sentences. We allow you to include two links. These two links should link to your blog or a legitimate website of similar content of our site that you are a part of, or a social media account. They should not link to any site you are being paid to promote, or any site promoting loans, shopping, etc. We reserve the right to request a different link if we find the link questionable.
We reserve the right to edit your headline, post, and bio so that it fits with our blog. We will also edit the formatting to fit our blog style for tweets, quotes, and questions. If we like your post but feel it needs work, we’ll give you an opportunity to do so.
If you accept these publishing guidelines, and have a great blog post ready, send an email to email@example.com and attach the post to the email (not in the body) as a text file in HTML, as well as the image(s) that need to accompany it.
We can’t wait to work with you!