[This post is part of the ongoing series The Complete How To Guide for Twitter Marketing]
In 2010 Twitter reached 50 million tweets per day, which is definitely nothing to sneeze at. No matter what you think about Twitter, there had to be at least one useful tweet in there somewhere, right?
Twitter has become the true heartbeat of the Internet. It is constantly transforming itself to reflect the current trends and events that are taking place in the world around us. We have seen disasters strike, revolutions begin, and celebrities crumble right before our eyes. It is an engaging tool that has won the hearts and minds of millions, and why shouldn’t it?
Twitter is often passed off with a puff of air in marketing conversations. Often dubbed a waste of time and commonly considered the best place to report what you’ve had for breakfast. While it may be all of those things, it is also a revolutionizing communications channel that has made a significant impact on our world and our business – and yes, it is an essential part of your online marketing arsenal.
The Complete How To Guide for Twitter Marketing Series
Last month we launched our Master Facebook Marketing for Business email course, so it only seems fair that we launch a Twitter course as well. This time we will be doing it as a blog series, which means you will either need to follow us on Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to our blog using RSS or Email. Our first post in the series is already up and was all about customizing your Twitter profile.
Here is an outline of what we will be covering in our new series.
- The complete guide to customizing your Twitter profile
- Understanding Twitter: Following and Following back
- Understanding Twitter: Replies, Retweets and Direct Messages
- Understanding Twitter: How to use Twitter Lists
- Understanding Twitter: How to Use Short URLs
- Understanding Twitter: How to find new followers
- How many people should I follow on Twitter?
- How often should I tweet?
- Should You be Tweeting as Yourself or as a Brand on Twitter?
- What should I talk about on Twitter?
- The Top Free Tools For Measuring Your Success on Twitter
- Gaining Klout: A Twitter Metric that Matters
- The Three Part Audio Guide To Making It Big On Twitter
- Automated DMs: Annoying, or an Opportunity for Engagement?
- The Most Important Lesson for Businesses on Twitter
- 8 Ways to Create Content That Your Customers Want to Retweet
- Why Charlie Sheen is #winning at Twitter
- What Will We Talk About When Twitter Flies the Coup?
We are all a Twitter about this new series, and hope you are too. It is going to be a great time. What would you like us to cover? Be sure to let us know in the comments.